This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Boss SG-1 Slow Gear

 The Slow Gear emulates a guitarist riding the volume pot or a volume pedal, creating a swell effect. This will fit comfortably in a 1590B or 125B, though with the 1590B you'll probably want to wire the pots off board or use long-leg right angle pots mounted on the component side. Here's the schematic for reference.




11 comments:

  1. I have found reports that the 2sk30a can be subbed with a 2n5457 in this circuit. I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be. I forgot to add in the post that there's an extra pad for GSD pinout JFETS to the right of the package.

      Delete
    2. If one were to tweak elements of this circuit, where would you focus?

      Delete
  2. Thanks, looking forward to building this. According to the schematic the 3n3 capacitor should be 33n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It Works. Sounds nice. I used a 33n cap and the 470nf cap I used was box film ( its electro on the map) I also put in 4 sockets for the Jfet and it works with 2n5457 in the extra space provided. Thanks for another fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello, thanks for another layout, could you do the layout for Ibanez Soundtank EM5.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cap on the gate of Q2 should be 33n and not 3n3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can call this confirmed & verified.

    Small modification I've made that, I've changed the 470nf cap to 10uf polarized for a longer attack duration. I've also connected a parallel spdt switch to that line and added another 10uf polarized cap, sending the caps negative to gnd directly, for a tad longer attack speed. This was suggested on Aion's Swell schematics by using 2 different caps (2.2uf and 10uf, and 470n was 680n), but i chose this as I wanted more of a reverse effect, and a longer, softer attack duration.

    Thanks for the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it any way to add a LED responding to swelling effect?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please, upload layout BOSS SP 1 spektrum, Digitech Hot Head distortion

    ReplyDelete