This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Noah'sArk Distortion M

Not a lot out there on this one, but stumbled across the schematic over on FSB. Apparently it's another Marshall-in-a-box type. Sounds pretty good. Should fit nicely in a 1590B. The 1uF and 2.2uF caps are tantalum in the original but eletrolytics could be used as well. Original 1S1588 clipping diodes could easily be replaced with 1N4148s if need be.


12 comments:

  1. Hi! thanks for your amazing site, you´re the man! any replacements for 4580?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 4580 looks like another general purpose part. You should be able to try any dual op amp... 4558, TL072, and similar.

      From what I'm reading, though, it looks like interwebz people think the 4580 is an improvement and sounds "smoother" or "more modern" than most common ICs.

      Anybody else have any experience?

      Delete
  2. Mark this one verified. I used a 4558 and 1n4148's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where I find the transfer image?

    ReplyDelete
  4. help me ... I have tried various distortion schemes, but I did not get a soft and thick distortion sound ... the good one is not ear piercing, send skema to my email thafa28@gmail.com,,tnk you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this pedal but I have little gain ... how can I increase it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use a higher value pot for the gain control. A250k is where I'd start.

      Delete