This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Earthquaker Devices Special Cranker

Here's EQD's newest offering, the Special Cranker. Developed from the Speaker Cranker, this one is like two basic Electra's with switchable hard clipping diodes in between (1N60Ps like the original Speaker Cranker or Soviet germanium D9Ks). Easy fit for a 1590B.

Here's the schematic for reference.



Normally I throw a demo in, but just go look those up on YouTube, there's a bunch of them. I leave you with this vid instead. It's waay cooler anyway.


10 comments:

  1. Verified! socketed the diodes but it sounds good with 1n34as and 1n270s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got 1n60ps and d9ks and it does sounds better.

      Delete
  2. Posso substituir os 82NF por 100NF?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Montei, substituindo alguns componentes (82NF - substituído por 100NF/ D9K substituído por 1N4148/ BAT41 - substituído por LED VERMELHO 3MM) Funcionou muito bem! Obrigado EFECTS LAYOUTS por tornar nossas vidas mais felizes! Saudações do Brasil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fala, meu brother. Principiante aqui hehehe...mano sabe me dizer que tipo de diodo são esses "D1, D2, D3, D4? Desde já agradeço!

      Delete
  4. Oh fun, I expected some variant of the big muff tone stack but it's a Stupidly Wonderful Tone Control. I'll have to try this after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really worthwhile building this pedal.. it's so good. I'm using 1n270 because I don't have D9K's. As for 1n34a's ... bought a pile and they're not what I paid for:(.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete