This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Bajaman AC30 Normal Channel

Here's Baja's AC30 Normal Channel emulator. Throw a treble booster in front of this and you're pretty darn close to nailing some Brian May tones. Schematic and discussion here on FSB.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you. That's me sorted for the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude , every time I think I'm done building pedals for a bit, you pull me back in!!!! Just built this, mark it verified. I socketed the transistors
    I actually prefer the sound without the clipping transistor.of course it does increase the output. I did the same for the Baha top boost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How it work without transistors? Has it any overdrive? How do you think, do i have reason build it, having Baja AC30TB Emulator, varioboost, Run of Groove Tonemender. They has similar sound ( varioboost has more mids).

      Delete
  3. I am talking about q3 and q4. They are basically just used as diodes in the last stage of the circuit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked you: How do you think, do i have reason build it, having Baja AC30TB Emulator, varioboost, Run of Groove Tonemender. They has similar sound ( varioboost has more mids)?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete