This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Black Cat OD-1

This one's pretty simple, but is really versatile going from light overdrive to fuzz levels of gain. Originals use an OP275, but other dual op amps can be used (1458, 4558, TL072, etc.). It's should be a nice fit in a 1590a.


10 comments:

  1. The four 100n should all be 47n. 10uf should be 22uf. Schematic that has been floating around the internet forever is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also seek out the correct IC - it makes a big difference in the circuit

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the corrections Greg! Layout's been updated.

      Delete
    3. Why 47n instead of 100n? On EVERY other site there are 100n's.

      Delete
  2. Milosz - trust me... I know very well what values are in this circuit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My version:
    https://vk.com/the_seventh_line?w=wall-84057322_14066%2Fall

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can tag it verified! I used the 4558.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made it, but it was too loud for me. So I put a 47k resistor before the level pot. I think you should use a 50kA pot for the level pot.

    ReplyDelete