This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Friday, March 18, 2016

Cornish Buffer

Got a request for the Pete Cornish Buffer in dual form like the one I did with the Klon Buffer. So here's both a single and a dual Cornish Buffer. The original uses a 1N5401 for polarity protection, but a 4001 or similar will work too. And you can probably get away with a small value on the power filter cap (220ยต).

7 comments:

  1. I am really excited to see this buffer. I was looking at this and was wondering how you recommend wiring? I was looking at the layout at http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DSD3O8O8mx8/U5rGpCi5KgI/AAAAAAAAHzQ/u5fPoB7Dgwo/s1600/Cornish+G2+bypass+buffer+wiring.png
    and was wondering how you would wire the in and out buffer option. Also I was wondering if you were thinking of layouts for the Cornish G2 and SS2 as well? I appreciate all that you do. I love this site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You'd wire it the same way as Mark's drawing. Input jack would go to the In pad of the buffer, Out pad to the switch. The same lug of the switch the buffer Out is wired to would connect to the In pad of whatever effect you're using and the Out pad of that effect would connect to the switch where Mark's drawing says "Vol 2". Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. The single one is verified.I would install it into my guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a problem with this pedal. I've made 3, 1 in protoboard, 1pcb and 1 in a breadboard. Every pedals have a volume drop. I don't know if this volume drop is normal. I use a bc549b, and the same values of the template.


    Who could help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try using a BC549C. The B version is much lower gain.

      Delete
    2. Also I've tried with bc547 with more hfe and 3904 with the same result.
      Don't you notice volume drop in your Cornish Buffer?

      Delete
  4. THANK YOU
    it worked very well without volume drop

    ReplyDelete