This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Lovepedal Les Lius

One of Sean's many Electra Distortion variants, the Les Lius delivers both Tweed Deluxe and Fender Twin tones. The 3-way toggle switches between different clipping options and the 2nd footswitch acts like a separate gain channel. I couldn't find much info on what JFET is used for Q2, but I would imagine any DSG pinout device would be fine (J201, 2N5457, etc).



Update 9/21/15:
Found several errors with my original layout. If you tried to build it before, my apologies. This updated layout should work just fine.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not entirely sure what your question is. The Boost switch is a latching SPST footswitch, so just on/off. Does that help?

      Delete
  2. I can use a switch on / on to choose boost??
    sorry, I 'm not good with English

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An on/on is typically a SPDT, which should be fine. Just ignore the bottom lug of the switch.

      Delete
  3. Hi. Can I use to boost switch a DPDT with Led? How can i wire? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which diode can I replace Bat46?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there anyone who did and works perfectly? It works for me, but Gain is not there and the boost does not turn on. There is another option, everything is fine there, I wanted to make a normal PCB. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete