This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Ripthorn FET-2B Bass Preamp

DIYStompboxes forum member Ripthorn adapted the Alembic F-2B tube preamp to a JFET preamp. It gives you 3-band EQ controls, master volume, and a bright switch. Fairly simple circuit, but might turn into a bit of a rats nest with the offboard wiring (I know, a bit out of character for me). Set the trimmers to about 4.5-5v and then adjust from there to taste.


6 comments:

  1. I've built your layout. I've only scaled down the tone stack for less noise. It works well, it sounds pretty good. The only drawback is this hiss/crackle that is always present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just built this too! I have no crackle, on the contrary, it's one of the cleanest pedals I've built. I ended up having different values for the "treble caps", which is probably why the pot doesn't have much effect when I turn it.
    Sounds killer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A B500k pot is a good reemplacement for volume pot? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not understand the connection of the pots... help :) thonecezar@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete