This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Lovepedal COT50

Here's one of Lovepedal's many Electra Distortion variants. It's a pretty good booster and is the boost section on the Amp Eleven.


7 comments:

  1. Hey man
    Congrats on the awesome site!!!

    I'm trying to get this one to work:
    Do I connect both outs to the out jack? I only get output when I do that, but its tiny and does not distort.

    I modified it slightly by moving D1 and D2 away and connecting them to the original location via wire. This was so that in the future I can maybe swap diodes, or use a switch to select between diodes.
    Would this cause any problems you think?

    Its soft sounding - getting weird loud popping noise if I brush against the board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I corrected myself!

      Connect to the Blue OUT. Not red

      Delete
  2. This is a good pedal overall. But there are some noise in this pedal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again with the red or rather, pink out... no connection or what? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pedal got lower end volume. How can i have a little more volume I used diode 1n270

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know 1n270 is good to smooth out the harshness, but they might reduce gain a bit. Mine has 1n270 but very loud. Check your connections and maybe try a 2n5089 transistor, higher hfe than most 5088's.

    ReplyDelete