This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

ProTone Body Rot II

Here's the ProTone Body Rot II, a heavy distortion pedal built around a 386 chip. It's very similar to the Krank Distortus Maximus, and many other 386-based distortions.


18 comments:

  1. I'm Building today, soon I'll post the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this needs some adjusts, there's no distortion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having a tough time understanding the offboard wiring,can anybody help me here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully this'll help

      http://s31.postimg.org/dy28wlwu3/Screen_Shot_2016_04_22_at_9_57_55_AM.png

      Delete
  4. Esses PCBs nunca funcionam!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your great job ,but i find a mistake, 100R resistor and 47Mf cap is going to ground from IC pins 1 and 8,not from pin 5 (output).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching that! Layout has been updated and should be correct now.

      Delete
  6. Hi, Can I use b5k for mids? do you think is a problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd use the 5k pot with a 3.3k resistor in parallel. That'll get the pot's value down to 2k.

      Delete
    2. bro, I dont have 3.3k resistor, I have 3k. is good? work better with the 3.3k? please,can you explain me how put the resistor in parallel with the pot?.

      Delete
    3. A 3k will work fine. Just solder in the resistor from lug 1 to lug 3 of the pot. Then google parallel resistance to see why this works ;)

      Delete
  7. was this one ever verified and not updated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to build this.. hoping it's verified by now

      Delete
  8. Excellent project! Please new pcb with mounting pots!

    ReplyDelete