This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Friday, September 9, 2016

Gretsch ControFuzz

For Fuzz Friday I give you the ControFuzz from Gretsch. Originals are pretty rare and it's an fairly unique design based around a single 4558 chip. I found a build report from LucifersTrip over on DIYSB, and he suggested a slight mod to the Distortion control that improves the circuit, so the layout below is based on that.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Effects layout: hi, sorry for the off topic but is there any way to communicate with you? i want to make you some questions about a layout. thanks!

      Delete
  2. great effort brother, I appreciate it so much.
    and I really wish you have a long life and keep doing what you've done till today.
    and you don't mind, I wish you could do the Rockbox Boiling Point OD

    you are the most awesome person in the world!
    xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pedals. I have only built your designs so far and this is my 5th build. I am having a couple of issues with this one that I am hoping you can guide me through. The pedal takes a good few seconds to come on after stomping, my other issues all seem to relate to the guitar vol control. Adjustments to the g volume causes popping and heavy noise, I get no sound past 8 on g volume. when on seven it sounds KILLLER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sure about the slow turn on thing. That could be a switch thing or some bad caps, even a bad solder joint. Have you tried replacing the pot? Could have a bad one.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the quick response. Not a bad pot as it happens with other guitars. It behaves much better with your EP booster in front of it. The slow power up is wierd, even if I have the Guitar vol low so the Ep booster is effectively turning on both pedals it takes about 4 seconds. I am just going to whip up another one to see if that solves my issues as I love the sound. I am getting a little better with the fault finding each time and really appreciate your help. Anyway I gotta go, my neighbors need to hear foxy lady a few more times.

      Delete
  4. Hola, tenes algun efecto sonido guitarra Rickenbacker tipo año 1964 ????

    ReplyDelete