This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Monday, March 6, 2017

Death by Audio Echo Dream 2

Gotten a lot of requests for this one. I've put it off because the schematic that's out there isn't exactly straight forward, not to mention it's 7 pots, 2 switches, 3 ICs... You get the idea. Anyway, I wanted to keep this 1590BB friendly, so all the pots are board mounted... except one (Blend). Six out of seven isn't bad, I reckon. haha



18 comments:

  1. i was waiting for it

    This one is very strange actually, XR definitely lacks voltage to operate correctly, when powered by 9v it does not generate any wave. Better power it with 18volts, but it may overheat 5v regulator...

    Anyway, magnificent job, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking at the 78L05 datasheet and it looks like the max input voltage is 35V. I'm by no means an expert on reading datasheets so I may be wrong about this...

      Delete
    2. Yep, Ian, you are right.
      My bad.

      Delete
  2. Sweet! This is one on my bucket list, I was thinking about doing the Vero version, but wiring 7 pots offboard... Ugh. Thanks man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TL072 would work in place of MC33172P?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you do the drilling templates in Eagle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to let everyone know, there had been issues at the tagboard forum with powering this effect at 9v. the xr2206p chip's says on it's datasheet that it's operating voltage is from 10v to 26v, so a lot of people had reported that the modulation section was not working when using 9v batteries or power supplies. They recommended just making a simple voltage doubler and powering it at 18v!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those charge pumps give me endless grief :\ Though the klon clone I made from a layout here works fine.

      Delete
  6. oops i didn't read that first comment :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DBA released the Micro Dream recently! It seems like a (twisted) stepson of the Echo Dream. I'll be waiting that layout for sure! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi excellent layout but remplacement of XR2206P?? please thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Esteban; there isn't a replacement.

      Delete