This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Earthquaker Devices Black Eye

Here's a nice little MOSFET-based clean boost that EQD used to make. It's actually pretty similar to the Lovepedal Delux 60. Here's the schematic for reference.




16 comments:

  1. ...printing transfer image! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gonna build one and call it black guy
    http://i.imgur.com/HaSOPOP.jpg

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!, i made you schematic on a breadboard and it works perfectly,
    Verified

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing!!!!
    do you have the danelectro honeytone? I want to build a mini amp to practice quietly and wherever i like!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't, but look for the Ruby amp. Great mini amp for headphones or a small speaker.

      Delete
  5. Hey!Thanks for sharing! I built It and i love The tone, but it has a little hiss sound all The time. Any help? I used 1n4007 instead of 4001 for diodes, does this affect? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1n4007's are improved 1n4001's.
      Both do the same function; protection.The 4007 are capable of protect for more power.

      Delete
  6. Super sweet booster/preamp!
    SHO improved version.

    My sugestions:
    -Use sockets, and try 2N7000: more gainy and bright/open sound
    -Replace trimpot with B5K pot, 5k res in outer lugs for gain control (btw: this 5k is the "crackle" pot in SHO).

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What might I modify to limit the max volume? For example, if I don't ever need 30db and I want to reduce the possibility of this pedal creating it's own distortion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would try to send a 47k from lug 3 of boost knob, to ground to reduce the overal volumen.

      Delete
    2. thanks.. I'm planning to combine this with a 'valvecaster' to push a hotter clean signal into the tube.. I might even skip the 'boost' pot altogether and just use an internal trim..

      Delete