This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

BearFoot FX Blueberry Bass Overdrive

Being primarily a bass player myself, I've wanted to build this one for a while, but didn't really feel like messing with all the off board wiring of my first layout of this circuit. So I've drawn up a new layout with board mounted pots. I've also subbed a 2N5457 in place of the stock 2N5952 because it's what I have in my personal stock and I order from parts suppliers enough already (haha). If you do use a 5952, mind the pinout as it's SGD, whereas the 5457 is GSD.


4 comments:

  1. input and output are reversed ? this unconventional ?
    or am I wrong understand drawing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished this, everything works normal volume, tone and drive, but the gain is extremely low, I had to connect a booster and turn to maximum, for a decent volume, there is something wrong in the circuit.

    ReplyDelete