This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

BearFoot FX Blueberry Bass Overdrive

Being primarily a bass player myself, I've wanted to build this one for a while, but didn't really feel like messing with all the off board wiring of my first layout of this circuit. So I've drawn up a new layout with board mounted pots. I've also subbed a 2N5457 in place of the stock 2N5952 because it's what I have in my personal stock and I order from parts suppliers enough already (haha). If you do use a 5952, mind the pinout as it's SGD, whereas the 5457 is GSD.


11 comments:

  1. input and output are reversed ? this unconventional ?
    or am I wrong understand drawing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished this, everything works normal volume, tone and drive, but the gain is extremely low, I had to connect a booster and turn to maximum, for a decent volume, there is something wrong in the circuit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to make this pedal. But it's not verified. Someone make it works?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Built and though it's not the loudest dirt pedal, it keeps up on my rig and I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. which layout would you recommend, this one or the other one?

    ReplyDelete