This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Austone Textone Fuzz Nutz

Here's a cool circuit for Fuzz Friday. It's supposed used by Billy Gibbons from time to time and it's a silicon Tone Bender of sorts. It uses 2SC1815Y transistors that have a gain range of 120-240 hfe. Other transistors can probably be used, but mind the BCE pinout.


1 comment:

  1. I just built the perfboard version of this, first perfboard build I've done. It works, and sounds pretty good. Not exactly like the video, but that could be because I used 470pfs instead of the 500s. And used 560ohms instead of the 590, as these are what I had. Also used 2n3904 for the transistors. I don't think the caps would make much of a difference, but adding a 30ohm risible might do a little? Pretty fun fuzz. Thanks for the layout.

    ReplyDelete