This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Friday, May 12, 2017

FuzzHugger FX Algal Bloom

Here's another cool fuzz from FuzzHugger for Fuzz Friday. The Algal Bloom is transistor based with a wide range of tones, from mild overdrive to full on fuzz. It has the Gain and Level controls you'd expect, along with a Bloom control (expands the fuzz tone), Clean (blend), and Power (voltage sag), along with 2 toggle switches for more things to tweak. Originals have the Clean control internally, but who doesn't love more controls? It's laid out with board mounted pots to fit in a 125B enclosure with top mounted jacks.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wire the switch lugs to the corresponding pads on the board. See the General Layout Notes tab for switch lug numbering.

      Delete
  2. I built this and it works with the choke switch off. When I turn the choke switch on though I have no signal unless the bloom & gain are tuned up pretty high. It could just be my build or my low output guitars though - I'm still debugging that.

    ReplyDelete